Eric and I are kind of competitive when it comes to certain things. For example, the other day Eric received a gift from one of my coworkers…a Georgia Tech checkers set. It is basically a regular checkers game set but the pieces are football helmets and you play against your classic football rival. In this case, it was the University of Georgia.
Our friendly match turned into about an hour of over-thinking strategy and maybe a little taunting from both sides. While we both had fun, sometimes our competitiveness can get in the way of what should be a simple and short game.
Lucky for us, we seem to work well as a team when it comes to food. For dinner we decided to make our own pizza. Not only are we able to customize it any way we like, it is a lot more fun to do it yourself (and much more affordable).
All you need is:
- Pizza dough (I bought a single package from trader joes for less than $2)
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella (or whatever cheese you like)
And then whatever toppings you like! We chose
- Crumbled goat cheese (for my half of the pizza!)
- Preheat oven to 450
- Flour an area to roll out the pizza dough
- Add as much sauce as you like
- Sprinkle cheese
- Add toppings
- Bake for ~12min or until the cheese is bubbling and golden on top. We like our pizza a little less crispy.