Last week was just one of those stressful, hectic weeks. It’s not that anything was particularly difficult, we just had a lot of small things to do around the house. I’m still really learning how much effort it is to maintain a house. Plus, we gave Sura a bath last week and whenever she gets a bath, I think it makes her shed 10x more! So, I ended up having to do more frequent vacuuming on, top of everything else, just to prevent the fur tumble weeds from taking over the house! Naturally, I started to crave something sweet to get me through the long days but I really didn’t have the energy for some serious baking.
Thank you livelovepasta for saving me with this quick, easy, and tasty nutella mug cake recipe!
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug.
- Mix well with a fork until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1½– 3 minutes. I started it at 1 minute and monitored it as I kept adding 30 seconds. I took it out after a little under 2 minutes.
Delicious! This is so simple! I’ve decided it will take some serious self-control not to make this every day! Really, anything with nutella is good but a nutella cake in under 5 minutes…can’t beat that!