I mentioned before that Sura suffered a paw injury. While playing outside, she sliced her paw on a sharp metal object and ended up needing sutures. In order for it to heal, she had to wear an e-collar to prevent her from licking the wound.
Unfortunately, she had to wear the collar for the past 2-3 weeks and we’ve had to take her to the vet for check ups every other day. Needless to say she hasn’t been a happy puppy lately and it’s made life hectic for us since we had to figure out a way to get her to the vet in between normal work schedules. With limited time, it’s a challenge to come up with fast, simple dinner recipes. One night, I decided to try a mushroom and asparagus pasta. It was light and easy, perfect for hectic weeknights!
- 1lb asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2lb of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- penne pasta
- chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- grated parmesan cheese
- Boil water and cook pasta as instructed
- Saute the chopped garlic in oil in a pan
- Add asparagus and cook for a few minutes
- Then add mushrooms and broth cooking for a few more minutes
- Drain pasta and toss with the mushrooms and asparagus
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle with cheese and red pepper flakes