Last week, I was very excited to see that our canvases arrived . A couple of months ago, I saw a coupon for photo print canvases and purchased the deals in anticipation of our trip to Ireland. Once I sorted through the hundreds of pictures, I chose 2 to be printed and hung on the wall.
The top picture is of Dunguaire castle and the second is a picture along the water from the Cliffs of Moher. Though it is not part of the actual “cliffs” it was still a beautiful picture.
In other news, last week was also Valentines day. We decided to continue with our tradition of cooking a nice dinner, enjoying some wine, and relaxing at home. This year we decided to try using scallops. Scallops cook fairly quickly which can be both a good and bad thing…good in that dinner would be prepared fast but bad in that we could easily over-cook the scallops and ruin them. We decided to do a scallop pasta in a white wine sauce.
This dish is quick and easy, just make sure to keep an eye on your scallops!
- 1lb of scallops. We found huge scallops at whole foods and ended up with about 8 scallops, 2oz each.
- 1-2tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- you could add a little butter but I just used more olive oil
- Boil water and cook pasta
- Season scallops with a little salt and pepper
- Heat oil in pan and once it is hot, add garlic, then add scallops
- Sear on each side for about a minute or until golden brown
- Lower heat and add wine
- Remove scallops after 2 minutes
- Add lemon juice and some olive oil (or butter) to the pan and bring to a low boil
- Add cooked pasta and toss with the sauce
- Top with parsley and season with more salt and pepper (if you want to add more)
- Mix in scallops and serve
The scallops still tasted sweet and the sauce was light yet flavorful. It was a perfect Valentines day dinner and I’m sure I will try it again for another special occasion!