Eric and I just made exciting plans for the end of the year…We decided to book a trip to Ireland to celebrate our birthdays and the new year! I am so excited and this will be a first time visit to Ireland for the both of us. While brainstorming ideas for a winter vacation, we saw flight deals to Ireland and decided to make a last-minute vacation decision. Our plan is to fly to Dublin, rent a car, and drive around the country. Plus, 2 of our friends will be joining us 🙂 Right now we are trying to research places to visit. I’ve started to ask around and luckily we know a few people who have gone before and can share recommendations. Suggestions are very helpful and always welcome!
After booking our tickets, Eric bought a pack of Guinness. I decided to borrow a bottle from his stash to try a Guinness-braised beef short rib meal attempt.
- 2 lb boneless beef short ribs
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bottle of Guinness Draught
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 onions, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- Pour flour, salt, and pepper into a bag. Add ribs to the bag and shake until the meat is coated.
- Brown the ribs in a heated, oiled skillet.
- Add onions, carrots, garlic to the bottom of the slow cooker then place browned ribs on top.
- While the skillet is hot, add the Guinness to scrape the browned bits off the pan and pour into the slow cooker.
- Add the beef broth and a bay leaf.
- Slow cook on low for 6-8hrs, until the meat pulls off the bone.
I made some jasmine rice and poured everything on top once it was finished. Delicious!