I have been in a real funk this week (and it’s not even over yet). This week is a 4 day work week for me since I am taking off a day to travel to Austin, TX. Usually short weeks keep me excited and pumped for the weekend. Unfortunately, work has been crazy (working late and bringing home work) and Eric started classes this week. Yes, my overachieving husband has decided to go back for Masters #2 while continuing to work full time. It’s really quite impressive. Anyways, we’ve had to adjust our schedules to accommodate school and it’s been a little rough. I finally decided last night that I was going to gather whatever energy I had and make a real dinner for us, even if it was getting late in the evening.
I remembered we had some salmon and determined it would be easy to prepare and fairly quick. I usually like my panko salmon recipe but decided to try something new. After seeing Eric’s bottle of honey bourbon, I knew what I could do…Maple honey bourbon glazed salmon!
- Salmon fillet
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey bourbon
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray pan with nonstick spray
- Heat the syrup, bourbon, and juice bringing it to a boil on med heat. Lower heat.
- Season fish with salt and pepper
- Place salmon on pan and pour the glaze mixture on top of the fillet
- Cook for 15-17 min or until the fish flakes (we like our fish a little more rare so you can keep it in longer)
I served the fish with jasmin rice and baby bok choy sautéed in garlic.