With another trip coming up, my goal is to use up what we have in the fridge. I hate leaving food there too long so it was time to get creative with a few of our meals. I have seen a few tofu scramble dishes and finally attempted to make one of my own. It was great timing since I had some produce left from the market that I really wanted to use.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bunch rinsed kale
- 1 pound extra firm tofu (pressed and crumbled)
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add kale, crumbled tofu, soy sauce and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- I served the dish over Jasmine rice