After staring at the top round cut of meat we received from our CSA, I decided to surprise Eric with one of his favorite meals…roast beef.
- 2.5 pounds top round
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Few slivers of garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Tie at 3 inch intervals with cotton twine. Place roast in pan, and season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Add more or less seasonings to taste.
- Cut small incisions around the roast and place the garlic slivers inside.
- Roast in oven for 50 minutes (20 minutes per pound). Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Perfect medium rare 🙂
I also used the drippings to make a nice gravy.
I think Eric was pleasantly surprised. I made some greens (kale to be exact) and dinner was complete. It is actually one of the easier “nice” dinners I prepared during the week.