I was trying to brainstorm ideas for a dessert to bring to a party. I had a bag of peanut butter pieces and wanted to somehow incorporate these into the dessert. After searching around, I finally decided on mini peanut butter brownies. I think any dessert in mini form is perfect for a party and who doesn’t like chocolate/peanut butter combo?!
Makes 40 brownies
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli brownie mix)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease 40 mini-muffin cups.
- Prepare boxed brownie mix as directed. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups (about 1 heaping teaspoon).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet.
- After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. This will happen upon cooling. If not then tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the peanut butter.
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds then stir.
- While brownies are still warm spoon about half a teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie.
- Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cool completely in pan.