Hope everyone had a nice Valentines Day!
Eric and I decided to make a special dinner at home. This time Eric was in charge of dinner and I did dessert. I was very surprised when Eric came home with 2 fresh lobsters. I don’t think he has ever prepared lobster before but he did an amazing job. I’m one lucky girl!
For dessert I wanted to make something a little different. I have been going a little crazy with baking desserts which isn’t really helping the whole “get healthier” plan I am trying to tackle. So, I saw on another site bite size banana splits. It is the perfect recipe for having something sweet without eating an entire banana split. My bite size splits didn’t turn out as pretty (so I do not have a picture) as the original picture but it tasted delicious!
- Firm bananas
- Chocolate pieces
- Vanilla ice cream
- Low fat whipped cream
- Maraschino cherry (optional)
- Cut the banana into 1 inch pieces. Leave the skin on for easy handling
- Scoop a little hole into one side of the banana
- Melt the chocolate and dip the end of the banana without a hole into the chocolate
- Add sprinkles to the chocolate side. Put in the freezer for 5 min to allow chocolate to harden
- Add ice cream into the other side of the banana, top with a little whipped cream and a maraschino cherry