After a busy work week, dinners needed to be short and simple. At first I was thinking of making tacos but we didn’t have all the ingredients. Then I thought of chili but we didn’t have beans. So, I ended up with this easy concoction based on the ingredients we did have available. I added a little hot sauce to spice it up a little.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion until the meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, adding additional water if needed.