I am starting to feel I need a break in my posts about traveling so I am re-directing this post to something else I enjoy, food! I’ve been really lazy with cooking especially with all the holiday leftovers but tonight I decided to make a home cooked meal to share with some friends. One of the easiest, yet tasty, dishes to make is lasagna. I made this one without meat but you can easily add meat or any other options to your lasagna.
- Barilla no boil lasagna noodles. This is key to making the dish easy!
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz skim ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded low-fat mozzarella
- Tomato sauce
- Parsley. I used the dried variety to mix in
- Ground meat-if you want this option
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with Pam to prevent sticking. Add a small coat of sauce to the bottom of the dish.
- Make your ricotta mixture: beat the 2 eggs, add the ricotta, sprinkle in the parsley, add 2 cups of the mozzarella and mix it all together.
- Place 4 noodles, 1/3 the ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and then sauce (about 1 cup) covering the layer
- Place 4 noodles, 1/3 ricotta mixture, and then sauce (about 1.5 cups) to cover that layer
- Place 4 noodles, the remaining 1/3 ricotta mixture, and sauce (about 1 cup) to cover the layer
- Place the last 4 noodles, the remaining sauce (about 1 cup), and 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Bake for 50-60 min covered with foil. The remove the foil and bake for another 5 min to melt the cheese a little more.
Voila! Yummy dinner and leftover for lunch 🙂